Thursday, July 18, 2013

Whistler

I did not get to talk to David today but he is staying just north a Whistler in a campground and I am missing him so much tonight.

This evening Emmett and I were in the backyard playing and as I was pushing him on the swing I looked up over the house roof and there was the moon, rising. I had so much comfort in that image, thinking of David 2,000 miles away from us but looking at the very same moon. Studying it and capturing a beautiful image of it.

Tomorrow night, the 19th, I will be in Phoenix at a gallery opening for David's work. Since he is not here right now I will be Mrs. David Shannon-Lier and will do my best to represent him as best I can and answer questions. He has 5 pieces showing with 4 other artists in a show named "What are we doing here?" The few pieces I have seen look amazing, I am so excited to be able to see the show together and meet the other artists.

No comments: