Monday, November 3, 2008

Alison is in England!!!


Hey everyone, I am in England for the week, specifically Liverpool, visiting very special friends of ours, Mary and Jesse!!! I thought I would update you on my travels every couple of days while I am here. It was a very long day and half of traveling, beginning November 1st with a redeye from Bostonto Amsterdam, then Manchester England and taking a train from Manchester to Liverpool, but now that I am here I am so happy to be able to spend time with these two. They really are such amazing  people. They have been good friends of David and mine for years as many of you know, so to not have them in the states with us is very sad but now we both have an excuse to make our way to England to visit them. David sadly is not visiting with me this time but is making the sacrifice to stay home and work while I am here. Thank you so much David, your the best!














The first picture is Palm House in the Sefton Arboretum right down the street from Mary and Jesse's flat, we didn't get to go in because there was a concert but it's filled with palm trees from all over. The second is on Lark Lane. The first afternoon we went for a long walk through Sefton park and down Lark Lane, it was really neat, the architecture was awesome. The streets are so narrow and it really freaks me out that the cars are on the left instead of the right. I always follow Mary across the street, afraid I'll look the wrong way.

I will post more photos tomorrow since it appears the computer doesn't want to cooporate.I have spent more than half the time trying to rearrange the post and fix the font instead of writing about my trip. Soon to come... Alison and Mary in Liverpool City Center. 

No comments: