Thursday, December 18, 2008

Arts & Crafts!!


I have never considered myself very creative however I find that I've surround myself with people who are and lately they are really starting to rub off on me and I have made sure to take advantage of this creative energy and put it to good use. I'm unable to post pictures of everything I am doing during this well deserved time off because they are wrapped under the Christmas tree, but there are a few things, actually books to be specific that I can share. While I was in England my friend Mary taught me how to book bind (see above and below), which was so amazing. And now I'm on my own working on one with a friend here in the U.S.
I decided as soon as I got back that I should made a second book so that I didn't forget how to do it. Luckily at my house a good friend of my Margaret wanted to learn which was perfect because it's proven you learn the best when you need to explain the task to someone else and it ended up being so much fun. I decided to work on a larger album, 12x12 and Margaret has made a book to fill with fun stories of her son Kasaan. Below is a picture of Margaret's cover after drying. It's so awesome, covered in a gold book binding paper and then topped with a great paper that has different types of dinosaurs on it with their names. It has come out really great, the picture isn't the best. She also made one out of an old Starbucks bag which is really beautiful however I don't have a picture of it. I also have been sewing and scrapbooking but will share those after the holidays ;-) This holiday season has been so much fun for me and I am excited that I have learned so much from my friends and family who have inspired me.

No comments: