Saturday, October 29, 2011

Visitors


David, Emmett, Olive and I have had a very busy October with wonderful visits from family and friends. My parents came for about 10 days and despite everyone getting sick except me during
that time we had a wonderful time visiting, hiking, exploring, enjoying the cooler weather and eating. We went north about 2hrs to Payson, AZ which is a beautiful evergreen forest for miles and miles. We also went hiking in Phoenix on South Mountain which is the largest inner citypark in the United States.

The week after my parents left, Wendy was in Scottsdale, AZ for a conference and we were able to get together for dinner one evening and enjoy a local vegan restaurant, Green, near her hotel.
We are hoping next year when she comes for the conference
her and my brother will visit for the weekend.

We then had a wonderful visit from Mary who now lives in LA with our good friend Jesse who happens to be her husband. Emmett and I went to visit them for the weekend in LA. I know I'm sort of crazy driving 400mi through the desert by myself with a 6mo old but it was a great drive, Emmett did awesome and our weekend there was amazing. For the drive home Mary came with us and spent a couple days in Phoenix and then flew back to LA on Wed. I'll post a separate blog for Emmett and my big adventure to LA.

Right now we feel reguvenated from our visits because we miss everyone so much but we are also enjoying our first slow weekend in weeks; Emmett is loving lounging in his early Christmas present from my parents, while we are thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather and being able to be outside with Emmett and Olive.




No comments: