Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finally Stage

My due date is only 3weeks away, I feel like there is so much I need to do but also nothing that will really prepare me to bring home this new little boy. David and I are so excited, we are learning as much as we can about how to prepare ourselves for one of the hardest things we'll ever do both the labor and being parents.

We've been taking Bradley Natural Birth Classes, they have been amazing in educating us on the process and preparing us for everything to come. We still have more to learn and I'm sure when the day comes it will be a shock that it's actually happening but we are getting there in prep. Last night David prepared an ice bath for me, I know it's crazy, but supposedly it is excellent practice to sit in the ice bath for 40-60 seconds and learn how to relax your body completely while in pretty extreme discomfort. David talked me through the whole thing and we completed 5, totally crazy but hopefully it will help.

My mom also held a wonderful baby shower for us last weekend, which was a total blast with friends and family from throughout my life and has supplied us with a lot of the basics and some really amazing extras. So thank you to all the ladies that could attend and we missed some who were out of town.

1 comment:

Mary Lundquist said...

I'm so sorry that we live so far out of town and couldn't be there for your shower...I'm extremely excited for you both, it sounds like you're doing so much to prepare for the big event! Let us know as soon as the baby is out in the world, we want to see him right (and you guys) right away!

so much love,
Mary