Saturday, May 16, 2009

A graduate, a physical therapist, an adult

Hi everyone

it's been a couple weeks since I've graduated, I'm now an adult with a doctorate in physical therapy however I still need to take my exam before I can officially call myself a physical therapist. The celebration at school was two days long, the first being the pinning and hooding ceremony which family (my parents, sister brother, David and my father-in-law came), friends, and teachers of the PT class attended. It was an intimate ceremony where teachers told funny stories about our class of 86 PT students, two of our classmates shared their memories and feelings of the last 6 years, Tammy sang a beautiful song to us and we all cried and then we were hooded and ate, drank and were merry. The actual graduation ceremony wasn't all that. It took so long for us to walk in and then listen to the PhD candidates get their hoods (a total of 3hrs so far) that when I recieved my diploma I decided I was tired and it was time to leave. So my parents, David and I went and grabbed some pizza instead of watching the rest of Northeastern Graduate students get their degrees. It was a great decision. Below are some pictures from the pinning ceremony


The first time I saw David after being hooded / David and I on the 4th floor of Behraki


Kathryn, Laura and myself at Behrakis / awww, most of the gang all together

Myself with my family

1 comment:

SqRt said...

Congratulations!