Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Got Run Over by an SUV!!



No, seriously... I was biking along rt 28 in Andover and a lady driving a Mitsubishi Montero turned into me, driving over my front wheel and then my left arm. That sucked. The good news is that the car drove over my arm and not my head or chest or stomach. And nothing is broken! Wow. Thank the good Lord for that. I do, however have the nastiest looking bruise and the highest level of pain that I have ever had, and the front wheel on my bike is all tacoed. Oh, and today is my birthday. The accident happened yesterday, the eve of my birth. Happy birthday to me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one nasty bruise david! happy birthdayyy

Unknown said...

I like tacos. David don't lie, Alison did that too you. Never Never cross Alison! Happy Birthday Dave!

David Shannon-Lier said...

just to clarify for everyone, I, Alison did not run over David with an SUV, it was infact another individual

Mary Lundquist said...

Is it even more painful than when you knocked yourself unconscious with a total body workout fitness machine?

I'm so glad you are alive! Dave, please be extra careful because some drivers are not!

Unknown said...

Dude, its crazy how many people, in the past few months, have gotten nailed by a car while riding their bike. You're the 5th person that I've known of since August.

David Shannon-Lier said...

You did post Derek, that's awesome, we love knowing that people read our blog. We always want more people to write on it though but now that I know you are all reading it then I'll keep writing.